NEW STUDIO SPACE


I'm so excited to share with you my new working space. After weeks of planning, creating mood boards and sorting out everything, it is finally ready. If you remember my last working space my walls where blue sky coloured, so this time I wanted to do something different. I chose a shade of light pink, something to make it more feminine and fun. This room came with most of the furniture, so I had to work around that. I did bought a bookshelf and a chair. 
As some of you know, I currently have a full time job, so when I come home this place helps me to unwind and reconnect with my creative self. I have always thought that no matter what you do for a living, you should always have a space for your creative self. It doesn't have to be a big studio, a complete room or something fancy, it can even be a small shelf where you put the things that you love most, a wall where you hang your art or things that inspire you. It can be whatever you want, as long as you have the things that are most special to you and hold a special place in your heart. It will be an instant visual meditation and it will help you set up a creative mood. 
I choose an open bookshelf because I wanted to showcase some of the books that inspire me. I  also have my favourite magazines on display Frankie & Flow, and my new fav magazine Lodestar. I'm so excited for my photo in their current issue. Plants also play an important place, I like to feel the sensation of bringing home nature. In some way taking care for them makes you feel less alone when working by your self. 




I found this cute oil lamp while exploring vintage stores back in Mexico, and I had to bring it with me. 



An important part of having a functional working space for me comes to these two: good lighting and being surrounded with things that inspire me. I love to hang my art in my working space, because it is a constant reminder of why I do what I do, and helps me reconnect to the love for my profession. I try to keep fresh flowers around, it is an easy cheer me up! And obviously washitapes had to be around, no matter where life takes me I would always hold a special places for my tapes.




Hope this post has inspire you to create your own inspiration nook!
Love & light,
Maria

3 comments

  1. Beautiful!!!! Love the wall colour and all the special touches. Although it’s been a while since this post, are you able to share which wall paint colour you used? 💕

    ReplyDelete